During the week of May 14th, Outdoor Afro’s Rue Mapp is grateful to participate in the EECapacity Project that assembles 60 national environmental education leaders in Washington, DC for training in environmental leadership, cultural capacity, and community building.
These leaders include a diverse mix of federal, private, and public organizations working to empower communities through environmental education and related programs that foster improved health and well being.
Check out our photos from our last meeting!
This is also a great opportunity to learn about what others are doing in different parts of the country to make our communities healthier places to live and work.
A partial list of organizations represented at the training include:
- Association of Zoos & Aquaria (AZA)
- Civic Ecology Lab
- Garden Mosaics
- Celebrate Urban Birds
- Environmental Education Exchange
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of EE
- Foundation for Youth Investment
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (USFW)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE)
- Outdoor Afro
- American Community Gardening Association (ACGA)
- Urban Tilth
- MoBetter Greens Marketplace
- New Knowledge
- Earth Seed Consulting
- Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE)
- Maryland Coastal Bays Program
- Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education
- Latin American Center for Arts, Science, and Education (CLACE)
- California Environmental Education Foundation
- Baltimore Parks & People
- Coolidge High School Alumni Association
This promises to be a night of good people and good conversations around EE! Join us!
If you need more information about this event please contact Akiima Price
Click for more information about EECapacity