5 Easy Outdoor Stress Relievers
Life is sometimes stressful. And taking time out for yourself to rejuvenate is sometims not easy. If you’re like me, responsible for the care of loved ones (I have three such loved ones), or have an intense work schedule, the notion of taking a rejuvenating break can seem as likely as finding a $100 bill on a Manhattan sidewalk. But getting a break is a lot more likely and easier than you think!
There is solace in simple activities done right outside your front door. While you may be limited by where you live, or what is accessible or safe, I’m certain there is at least one thing out of the following list of 5 Easy Outdoor Stress Relievers for everyone.
1. Go for a 10 minute stroll around your neighborhood and say hello to everyone you see
2. Stargaze while holding hands with someone you love
3. Add or care for a plant on your balcony, window box, or in your yard
4. Have a breakfast picnic at home; take the prepared meal outside and eat on a blanket; perhaps invite a neighbor or friend to join you
5. Get outside with the kids to play games like Duck/Duck/Goose, Red light/Green light or teach them games and songs from your childhood — for more fun, play these games with other adults!
What are some simple ways you relax in the outdoors?
Photo courtesy of Sandra Seckinger