#HealthyHolidays: 11 Ways to Incorporate the Outdoors this Season
Join us in BEING INTENTIONAL about Black Family Health over the holidays!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – a time when we gather at the ancestral lands of our parents, grandparents, and great grandparents, cook our favorite homemade foods, decorate our homes with greenery, fruits and fire, and sing of snow filled winters with our children.
In tribute to these traditions and in recognition of how a simple walk in the woods improves mental and physical health, Outdoor Afro invites you to join us in our #HealthyHolidays campaign.
We hope you and your family will deepen your connections to nature and to each other by incorporating the outdoors into your holiday festivities:
- Discover the Black History at your local National Park.
- Plan your summer camping or backpacking trip.
- Create your own holiday decorations.
- Reserve your family’s summer campsite.
- Preserve fruits, jams, jellies, and other favorite foods in a family canning activity.
- #OptOutside on Black Friday with REI.
- Explore your family’s land and document its history.
- Cherish the laughter caused by sledding.
- Incorporate birding into your family snow shoe.
- Cook collectively with whole foods.
- Start swim lessons and/or to support family members learning to swim.