Outdoor Afro is Hiring! – Oakland, CA
Title: Donor and Project Experience Coordinator
Type: Part-time, administrative
Location: Oakland, California
Application Window: Open until filled
What is Outdoor Afro?
Outdoor Afro uses innovation and entrepreneurial insight to engage African-Americans of all ages in empowering experiences in the outdoors by dismantling seemingly intractable social and cultural barriers. Our dynamic approach has attracted a variety of partnerships and resources, spurring consistent growth that has enabled us to become a national influencer in outdoor recreation.
Founded from a blog in 2009, Outdoor Afro has since built a national community and leadership team across 26 states that has helped us to advance social and policy imperatives to transform African-Americans’ relationship with nature, and cultivate an ethic and practice of conservation.
With both staff and volunteers, we have built strong momentum toward developing greater reach, more key partnerships, and solid revenue streams.
Visit: http://outdoorafro.com or @outdoorafro across all social media platforms to learn more.
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Donor and Project Experience Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and project specific support for the organization, fundraising, and development efforts. This position also works closely with the executive assistant, donors, contractors, and community partners.
- Participate in fund development efforts through conducting donor research, sending donor acknowledgements, and other duties as assigned
- Coordinate events and other meetings including invitations, venue, and catering; manage event materials and supplies; conduct purchasing and organizing
- Provide administrative support for the office as well as program initiatives
- Coordinate participation data, such as gathering data from MeetUp to get participation numbers to the Outdoor Afro Leadership Director; and administer participation surveys for grants
- Contribute creative and thoughtful input and revisions on programing, materials, and other directed communications
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in an office or project management environment
- Personal experience, enthusiasm, and comfort with a variety of outdoor/nature experiences
- Intermediate to advanced Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite skills (especially MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Nonprofit/business development at an associate level or comparable fundraising experience
- Knowledge of local and national funders and granting organizations
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Detail focused with excellent organization and calendar management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, courteous, energetic, and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Creative and self motivated
- California Driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Availability: This is a part-time, flexible, hourly position (maximum 30 hrs a week) hours will vary, include some travel, and availability on evenings and/or weekends for special events is expected.
Location: Oakland, California, Uptown District — located near many public transportation options.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Email resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that no resumes will be reviewed or accepted via LinkedIn, or Facebook inbox
Outdoor Afro is an equal opportunity employer. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.